- To provide professional catering training to the highest standards
- To produce an individual training plan for each trainee.
- To provide trainees with the opportunity to achieve nationally recognised catering qualifications.
- To provide trainees with training leading to a Fly Cup Certificate of Achievement.
- To identify suitable work placements for trainees, wherever possible.
- To develop in house catering activities for trainees whose requirement for a high level of supervision means that it is unlikely that they can be placed in a commercial environment.
- To work with partner organisations that can provide trainees, who have a requirement for a high level of supervision, with access to catering activities.
- Inclusion within the community
- To provide Fly Cup trainees with a friendly and supportive working environment at Fly Cup and at their work placements.
- To assist trainees to develop the life skills needed for successful working life such as communication and social interaction skills.
- To enable Fly Cup trainees to participate in catering activities which bring them into contact with members of the public, so building their social skills and helping the wider community to appreciate their many strengths.
- To ensure fundraising activities are maintained.
- To raise Fly Cup’s profile to achieve local recognition and support from the local community.
- To promote the activities of Fly Cup to large organisations in the pursuit of funding support.
- To identify grants through foundations and trusts.
- To give recognition to sponsors for the contributions they make and provide feedback on Fly Cup’s activities and developments.